The Water Survival Training (WST) 50-Meter Pool is open to all ranks. Swimming lessons are also offered in the summer for children and adults, who are looking to learn basic swimming skills, or perfect strokes and overall swimming performance. Lessons are also available in the summer for groups and for individuals of all ages. We also conduct sessions and clinics designed to maximize your aquatic work-out! Both pools are available for summer pool parties. Hours are seasonal; please call for information and schedule.
The pool will be closed December 23, 2019 – January 5, 2020, early morning lap swim will be closed on January 6.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding Courses
MCCS Semper Fit / MCAS Miramar
• Course# 1 / February 15, 16, 22 & 23 (Saturdays and Sundays)
• Course# 2 / March 7, 8, 14 & 15 (Saturdays & Sundays)
• Course# 3 / March 30 – April 2 (Saturdays & Sundays)
• Course# 4 / April 18, 19, 25 & 26 (Saturdays & Sundays)
• Course# 5 / May 2, 3, 9 & 10 (Saturdays & Sundays)
TIME: 9am – 5pm
WHERE: MCAS Miramar – MCCS Semper Fit Aquatics 50-Meter Pool, Bldg. 2000
COST: $150.00 card and cash are accepted (no checks)
- Lifeguarding Manual
This item can be downloaded to a mobile device from the American Red Cross website, or you can buy the manual online from the American Red Cross website.
– To purchase this manual for $34, click [ here ].
– To download this manual, click [ here ].
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Rescue Mask
– To purchase this $12.96 item, please visit this American Red Cross [ product page ].
- First Aid Bandage Training Kit / Hip Pack
– To purchase this $7 item, please visit this American Red Cross [ product page ].
- Swim 300 meters continuously. You may swim using the front crawl, breast stroke, or a combination of both.
- Tread water for two minutes, using nothing more that your legs.
- Timed Event: Ten pound brick retrieval – Within one minute and forty seconds from a depth of seven to ten feet.
50-Meter Pool/Water Survival Training Tank
The 50-Meter Pool offers a wide-variety of programs for all ages, from children to adults. The pool also includes lounge chairs, picnic tables, and locker rooms with showers and daily use lockers.
- The 50-Meter Pool is a military training facility, and may be closed at any time to support military training.
- The 50-Meter Pool will be set-up short course (25-meters) during all 1100-1300 lap swim times.
- The facility will open to patrons no more than 5 minutes before the start of lap swim. Please do not enter the water until a lifeguard is on duty.
- The facility will close 15 minutes after lap swim is finished. Patrons will not be permitted anywhere in the facility at any time.
- Please note that all guests must sign a [ Hold Harmless Waiver ] before utilizing the facility. If the guest is under 16 years of age, the parent/guardian of that child must sign the Hold Harmless Waiver before their child can utilize the facility.
Questions on our swim programs, pool parties, and more information please call the 50-Meter Pool at (858) 307-4137
Season Hours of Operation:
September 5, 2019
thru June, 2020
||Find us on Maps
2020-21 Pool Closure Dates
Monday, 20 / Martin Luther King, Jr Day
Tuesday, 21 January / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Monday, 17 / President’s Day
Tuesday, 28 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Monday, 25 / Memorial Day
Tuesday, 26 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Saturday, 4 / Independence Day
Monday, 7 / Labor Day
Tuesday, 8 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Friday, 25 / MCAS Miramar Air Show
Saturday, 26 / MCAS Miramar Air Show
Monday, 28 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Monday, 12 / Columbus Day
Tuesday, 13 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Wednesday, 11 / Veteran’s Day
Thursday, 12 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
Monday, 21, 2020 – Sunday, January 3, 2021 / Pool Maintenance
Monday, 4 / Early Morning Lap Swim • Closed 0500-0700
* Lap swim and/or recreation swim may be interrupted at any time to support military training.
** For current daily use fee prices, please call the 50-Meter Pool at (858) 307-4137.